Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy, happy day!

Ok, can I just say I'm happy today?

So all along I thought I was 5'6.5" because whenever I measured myself, I got 67.75 inches, then converted to feet, it's 5.65. I stupidly always thought it's equivalent to 5 feet and 6 1/2 inches.

Today, it's a slow Sunday, and I thought of measuring our heights. I got 67.75, The Guru got 70 inches. Then he converted them to feet and inches and apparently, I'm 5'7" 3/4 and he's 5'10".

Which means I've been measuring my BMI wrongly all these years. And since females get 5lbs for every inch above 5ft (male get 6 lbs/inch) based on the ideal body weight chart, it means I'm 5 pounds closer to my goal weight (a long way to go, but still) than I thought I was.

Just sharing. It's like finding money hidden somewhere which I've already forgotten about. :P

2 comments:

  1. I had something similar happen. Only instead of being 5ft 4, I was actually 5ft 2. So further away from my weight goals. grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ten pounds further - I'm sure you'll get there in no time! :)

      Delete