Thursday, January 1, 2015

Aussie Curves - Airport....and Penguins!

For this week's Aussie Curves challenge, the theme is: airport.

When I hear of airport, the first thing that comes to mind is comfort - an outfit I can move in. Breathable soft fabric. Warm non-bulky jacket (depends on the destination, of course). Footwear I can put on-and-off in a jiffy. Bag that can free up my hands. Fabric headband to control my usually unruly hair.

Comfort over fashion is the name of the game.

Here's my interpretation of this week's Aussie Curves theme airport outfit - with my very obvious holiday weight gain (puffy cheeks, yo!)



Jogging Trouser from Mango, size L, Denim Stretch Jacket from Uniqlo, size M, random black singlet, H&M sunglasses, Dangerfield sling bag, and Thump Footbed Sandals from Forever New.
I've flown several times in the past, and each time, I wore different permutations of this outfit - distressed skinny jeans instead of the jogging trouser, my uni jacket instead of denim, plain black shirt instead of singlet, etc. but essentially the same formula. Basic functional pieces sans fuss.
Because I'm not flying anytime soon, I wore this outfit last December 26, Boxing Day. Instead of fighting tooth and nail with what seemed to be the whole population of Melbourne last Boxing Day, we decided to just go to St. Kilda to see penguins.

But before that, we had dinner.




Arepas with chicken and avocado ♥


Ala baja tacos ♥


Broschetas de lomo ♥♥♥


Mojigato (mock/alcohol-free mojito) ♥

And then on our way to the breakwater, we passed by this shop



So, so apt. :p

We finally reached our destination.



Background: Melbourne CBD, St Kilda Pier and Breakwater.



And saw this penguin that really, really liked the crowd's attention - unlike the other penguins which hid under the rocks, he was strutting his stuff the whole time we were there! ♡♡♡



Before leaving, The Guru had a hankering for something from home.

Happy 2015, everyone! Here's to 365 amazing days of fun, love, happiness, and fabulous outfits! ♥♥♥





























2 comments:

  1. I'm looking at your outfit thinking it's cute (and you're adorable), but then BAM! Delicious food and drink!! Hope you had a terrific festive season :)

    Kobi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kobi!

      I seldom get called adorable so thank you so much! :) I LOVE posting food pics - so much so that my 2014 Facebook Year In Review actually only had food pics in it :D We love trying out new places and different cuisines. :)

      Happy New Year. <3

      Chel

      Delete