Friday, December 12, 2014

Boathouse Party OOTD

I have been obsessing over what to wear to The Guru's work Christmas party since I found out I was going to be a +1. It was a big deal for me because:
1. This is our first Christmas in Australia, after migrating on February this year. Ergo, first Christmas party as well.
2. It is a work party, so I did not want to be over/underdressed.
A month and countless browsing of online/physical stores later (did I mention I have no life?), I was down to two ensemble:

Liarna Dress
Pros:
Colour and the fit and flare style suit me.
Con:
Thick dry-clean only fabric so may not be appropriate for a boathouse party.
Erica Dress
Pros: Fit-and-flare style suits me. Dress looks summery because of the flowers - my friend insists I should wear floral to an Aussie summer party.
Cons: Colour clashes with my skintone. Truth be told, I don't really like floral prints. I like plain clothes. If printed, the print should be fruits, polkadots, hearts, or interesting like my laughing apple dress. Exception would be this skirt - I like the princess-y cut.

This morning, I woke up and asked The Guru what he'd wear. He said, "where's my How to Start a Start-up shirt?"
Ok, thanks for telling me on the day itself that the party is very, very casual.
I also have my own start up shirt but decided against wearing it (I accidentally ordered the wrong size - bodycon-level-wrong-size). I ended up wearing this:

Dress: Glassons but bought from the Brotherhood of St Laurence Op Shop at the Royal Arcade in Bourke St. $9. They were having a 50% off clothing sale that day so I got it for...$4. Dress tag says it is a size 10. It's tight but I was able to zip it fine. So maybe it was supposed to be roomy.
Cardigan: Valley Girl, Large. $9.95, bought 50%off, so around $5.
Sandals: Payless, size 9. Bought on sale for around $25.
Not in picture: Old, big bag from Coach which housed our phones, phone chargers, cables, water, protein bars, diet soda cans...yes, I bring my house with me everytime I go out.

Here's a closer look at the dress' print:


I know I said I don't really like floral, but come on, for $4, wasn't it a freaking steal? :)
Oh, and the party was nice. Such a fun day!



























No comments:

Post a Comment